torstai 19. elokuuta 2010

Peugeot 206

The stem seal job for a 8 valve TU-engined 206 (here TU5JP)  is basically similar to 106. I recommend reading the 106 procedure first. If I'd ever do 106 again, I would do it like I did 206 (shaft sliding out the clutch side).

The 206 engine bay layout meaned that the shaft cannot come out from the cam wheel side, the upper engine support and the ECU cable were in the way. No worries, it will come out from the other side.
Here, the battery is removed and things look already more spacious. Only ECU cable and PAS piping are still a little bit in a way:
I put some gorilla tape to prevent scraping the deck - just to be on the safe side. The ECU unit was also released from the fasteners to prevent ECU cable stretching too much. Here the shaft is sliding out:
Small hex screw and the circlip, among other removed parts:
New seal in place:
Roller followers:
Job finished:

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti